Monday 19 January 2015

Love is love, regardless of gender

It's been quite a while since my last post so there's lots to catch up on! I got another part-time job mid-November working as a barmaid at my local pub, so it has been a bit of a juggling act but I'm slowly getting used to splitting up my time between my jobs and my artwork! On top of that, with the build up to Christmas, December was one of my busiest months to date regarding commissions, so expect an influx of blog updates over the next week or so!



Starting from where I left off, this papercut was completed back in November as a wedding gift. As someone who believes strongly in the equality of same sex marriage I was so proud to have the opportunity to help celebrate the occasion and couldn't wait to get cracking on the design! The client requested that I included two, interlocking, male gender signs and also spoke about the couple's passion for music. The design process of this papercut was enjoyable not only because of the freedom of the brief, but because of the flexibility the musical theme gave me when sketching out the papercut's composition - it was really fun to put together!

No comments:

Post a Comment