Monday 21 July 2014

100th Ashby Show

In my local area there is an annual agriculture and farming event called the 'Ashby Show' and this year celebrated its centenary year. For the past two years its been held at Cattows Farm which is nestled in the heart of the Midlands, a mere 15 minute drive from where I live, so I was keen to go this year as I haven't had the opportunity to go for a number of years now. It's the largest event of its kind in the UK attracting upwards of 16,00 visitors during the one day it is held. Throughout the day there were various events to entertain people of all ages: livestock classes, vintage tractor and machinery displays, dog shows, and this year saw a motorbike stunt group performing a spectacular display in the main ring!

As well as the outdoor events there were several large shopping marquees packed full of local trade stands selling homemade produce, country clothing, and handmade gifts. The one that attracted my attention however, was the Craft Marquee. Local artists, photographers, and jewellers gather to display and sell their work and next year I'm hoping to get involved - so watch this space! But for now, here are a couple of my favourite photos I took during the day...




No comments:

Post a Comment