Sunday 8 September 2013

Degree Show work

I thought I'd post some samples of my work that I submitted for my final university deadlines - better late than never! I created a set of 4 greetings cards in response to a competition held by YCN for UK Greetings, whereby we were asked to produce a collection of cards for an occasion of our choosing. Since I have a fondness for old maps & used postcards and working over collaged backgrounds, I saw this as an opportunity to create a range of cards with a 'travel' theme.





Using a combination of lino print, collage, and traditional rubber letter stamps I produced these cards. Although I like the outcome, I intend on reworking these at some point in the future to try to simplify & brighten the aesthetic.

An area of illustrative design I'm going to explore in more depth over the coming months are repeat surface patterns. Using a leaf design I carved from a sheet of linoleum I created these patterned backgrounds, which I also wish to revisit in the near future to create a more complex design featuring additional leaf designs.





No comments:

Post a Comment